Clav Game Clav Game

It took a couple of listens, but I'm starting to get into this! I've never really been the biggest fan of music in the jazz category, as usually puts me to sleep, but I can appreciate the funk part at least.

I don't hear the clashing issue that Blue heard, but I feel like there should have been a little more variety, even with it being a loop, either with changing the progression or writing something connecting to the beginning to make it loop better to hook you into the track. I dunno.

I like that bass line though. I always like hearing moving, complimentary, bass lines, being a bass player myself.

Other than those things, I'm kind of neutral with this track, which makes it hard to review for me. There's not much along the lines of me disliking anything, and same thing with liking anything. Nothing really caught me off guard or came out to me as really interesting, for lack of a better explanation.

This is good, though. As I said, it took a couple listens, but I was starting to get into it. I just can't find anything to really review about it, y'know?

-Dylnmatrix

BjornIdentity responds:

Agreed, I probably should've changed the harmony a bit in the 2nd repeats.
The melody evolved but not so much the harmony.

Thanks for your ears and an honest review! :D

Perishing Galaxies Perishing Galaxies

This is pretty dope, actually. I like the pads and the feel of the track. Fits very well with that space theme that you were going for. I also enjoy how the song evolves, not really sticking to one section for too long while keeping things flowing. I also enjoy that acid bass that you have going on underneath in the beginning, though I don't feel like it fits in with the rest of the track as it's only used the one time.

To be a bit nitpicky, the track does end pretty abruptly. It's fine for a loop, but on it's own, I feel like you could have made a little bit of an outro for the NG version, maybe? Another thing is that, I believe the higher frequencies are a bit loud and should be turned down just a smidge. Those bell-like arps you have going on in the background start to hurt the ears after a while and could benefit from being turned down a bit or even EQ'd a bit, cutting off the ear piercing frequencies. I also feel like the guitar wasn't double-tracked, or having one guitar signal panned to the left and another to the right, I feel like that would've helped with mixing that guitar in, as it's pretty muffled underneath everything else.

Since I had to really search for that stuff to criticize, I do believe this track is fantastic. Does what it needs to do and doesn't get too repetitive in those 3 minutes. Great job on this and good luck with that game!

Dylnmatrix

BlastBeats responds:

Everything you said is completely new to me, but it makes sense, and I hear it now. Thanks for the constructive criticism and the effort you put in writing this! I really appreciate it.

WAR CRY WAR CRY

Interesting stuff.

While listening I'm not sure what to say about this, as it doesn't really have a structure or much substance for me to really review. I think the ambiance throughout is pretty good, but that white noise in the background really gets to you and should have been taken out.

The sparse synth lines you have playing are good and don't get any complaints from me.

I don't really get a 'Witch House' feel from this listening to it, but more of an abandoned haunted factory or something along those lines. I think less mechanical sounds would have helped give it more of a witch house feel.

Sorry for not being much of an in-depth review, but as I said, I really don't know what to say about this track, and was kind of fishing for the few things I did. I'm personally not a fan and did not like this track, but don't let me stop you from making music you like.

Dylnmatrix

Kelpalots responds:

Yeah I discovered it was Dark Psybient like day after I released it, never corrected the description.